11.1 Nothing in this agreement in any way limits or excludes our liability for negligence causing death or personal injury or for fraudulent misrepresentation or for anything which may not legally be excluded or limited.
11.2 You must give us a reasonable opportunity to remedy any matter for which we are potentially liable before you incur any costs remedying the matter yourself.
11.3 Very important:
We shall not be liable for any loss or damage caused by us or our employees or agents in circumstances where:
11.3.1 there is no breach of a legal duty of care owed to you by us or by any of our employees or agents;
11.3.2 such loss or damage was not reasonably foreseeable by both parties;
11.3.3 such loss or damage is caused by you, for example by not complying with this agreement; or
11.3.4 such loss or damage relates to a business.
11.4 Very important:
You will be liable for any reasonably foreseeable loss or damage we suffer arising from your breach of this agreement or misuse of our Service
(subject of course to our obligation to mitigate any losses
12. Intellectual property rights:
12.1 All trade marks, logos, content
(including our website’s structure and layout
), graphics, images, photographs, animation, videos, text and software used on the Service are our intellectual property or that of our Users. For the purposes of your personal and non-business use only, you may view such material on your screen and print a single copy. You may not otherwise use, sublicense, retrieve, display, modify, copy, print, sell, distribute, download, hire, reverse engineer
(unless permitted by applicable law
) or create extracts of, or derivative works from, such material without our specific prior written consent.
12.2 For the avoidance of doubt you may not collect, scrape or harvest any Content on our Service or deep-link to or frame Content on our Service without our specific prior written consent.
12.3 You must not circumvent or otherwise interfere with any security related features of the Service or features that limit or prevent copying of Content or which restrict use of Content.
12.4 If you publish any Content on our Service, you grant us a worldwide, perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to copy, alter, adapt or display such Content on our Service. You also grant each User a licence to use your Content to the extent permitted by the functionality of the Service and these terms and conditions.
12.5 You acknowledge and agree that any questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, feedback or other information about our Service
) which you provide us are non-confidential and shall become our sole property. We shall own exclusive intellectual property rights in, and shall be entitled to the unrestricted use and dissemination of, these Submissions for any purpose, commercial or otherwise, without acknowledgment or compensation to you.
You acknowledge and agree that we may process your personal data in accordance with the terms of our privacy and cookies policy
14. Third party websites:
14.1 We may link to third party websites which may be of interest to you. We do not recommend or endorse, nor are we legally responsible for, those sites or the goods or services which they offer. You use such third party sites at your own risk.
15. “Act of God”
15.1 Neither you nor we are liable for failure to perform or delay in performing any obligation
) under this agreement if the failure or delay is caused by any circumstances beyond your or our reasonable control including third party telecommunication failures.
16.1 We may transfer all or part of our rights or duties under this agreement provided we take reasonable steps to ensure that your rights under this agreement are not prejudiced. As this agreement is personal to you, you may not transfer any of your rights or duties under it without our prior written consent.
17. English law:
17.1 These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law and any disputes will be decided only by the courts of the United Kingdom.
18.1 We may send all notices under this agreement by email to the most recent email address you have supplied to us
(unless otherwise stated in this agreement
). Headings used in this agreement are for information and not binding. Any failure by either party to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this agreement does not mean this is a “waiver”
(ie that it cannot be enforced later
). If any part of this agreement is ineffective or unenforceable for any reason, then it will be replaced with a provision which as far as possible achieves the same thing and the rest of the agreement shall continue to apply. A person who is not a party to this agreement shall have no rights under the Contracts
(Rights of Third Parties
) Act 1999 to enforce any term of this agreement except insofar as expressly stated otherwise.
19.1 If you have any complaints, please contact us via the contact details shown on our website or write to our address shown at the start of these terms and conditions.
Effective Date: 01/03/2013
These rules cover to any information which you publish or send or via this service including posting on forums or uploading comments, articles or photos.
Our terms and conditions
also apply. As stated in the terms and conditions, you are legally responsible for your content. We have no obligation to vet or monitor user content and this board is un-moderated. However, we are entitled to remove content in our discretion. You can alert us to objectionable content as explained below.
Here are the rules:
• There must be no swearing in the home page article comments. In the forums, there may be a bit more scope for 'adult' language subject to any guidelines specified on the forums. In any case, excessive swearing will not be tolerated. It's one thing swearing after a match whilst having a blowout - it's another having it in lots of posts regardless of the subject.
• The forums are for discussion and debate. That means that, most of the time, most of you won't agree. You can ‘attack’ a fellow members' point of view, you cannot attack them for having that view. Do not make your threads personal.
• Enjoy. Don't abuse us or other users. If you don't like a poster, just don't read/reply. This is meant to be fun. You can also add that person to the 'ignore' list
(click on their username, then you'll see the option to add to ignore list
• If you have a serious problem with the site or any other user, you can use the alert button which is next to all posts or pm us. Don’t address such grievances on the boards, whether by starting multiple threads on the various boards, having digs within topics or otherwise.
• If you want to use the alert button, only do so if it’s really necessary. Don’t abuse the alert function. Say clearly why you object to the content.
• Multiple LOL's, yeah's etc. are not a suitable answer to a user’s comment. Either say something meaningful or don't post at all. Also don’t use capitals
(including in headings
) or text talk.
• Stay within the topic specified in the forum or thread.
• If you are commenting about an article, copy and paste the article link into the thread, and a short extract if necessary, but not the whole article.
• Do not make any comments which are defamatory, offensive, illegal, vulgar, obscene, abusive, threatening, harassing, sexist, racist, homophobic, invasive of another’s privacy or similarly inappropriate.
• For the safety of yourself and others, do not reveal any information that enables you or others to be personally identified or contacted including last name, postal / email address or telephone number.
• Don’t link to any third party websites which are illegal, pornographic or otherwise inappropriate.